Category: Vape E-Cigarette

Page 1/4

Uncategorized, Vape E-Cigarette

An ‘exploding vape pen’ started the fire that gutted this car, Kansas sheriff says

By Jason Tidd September 17, 2020 https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article235922762.html An exploding vape pen started a vehicle fire in northwest Kansas on Thursday, officials said. “Did you hear the fire siren this morning?” the Phillips County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post. “Here’s photos of the car that was involved. Any ideas what started the fire? “It […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Man burned by vaping device battery fire sues Salem shop

By Jason Schreiber Union Leader Correspondent Jul 13, 2020 Updated Jul 14, 2020 A man who claims he suffered serious burns after the battery from his vaping device caught fire in his pocket is now suing the Salem store that sold him the product. Wayne Borden of Methuen, Mass., filed suit last week against Heavenz Smoke and […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Woman badly burned when vaping device explodes

A Virginia woman was severely burned when her vaping device reportedly burst into flames. Heather Boyd, 34, was airlifted to a hospital Saturday after the device exploded while she was sitting in her car at a parking lot in Herndon, authorities told FOX5DC. “She’s screaming, ‘I’m burning, I’m burning,’ and I didn’t understand how bad it […]

Vape E-Cigarette

‘He was on fire’: Man badly burned after vape battery explodes in his pocket at work

CLEVELAND, Ohio – A Cleveland man was badly burned after the battery for his vape device exploded in his pocket. Nader Harb had recently switched from smoking cigarettes to using a vape pen, according to his attorney Tom Merriman. While at work in June 2018, he had an extra lithium-ion battery in the side pocket of his […]

Vape E-Cigarette

With little FAA direction, vaping devices add to fire dangers on planes

When an e-cigarette battery started smoldering on a flight to Los Angeles in July 2017, a SkyWest flight attendant threw it into an ice bucket before shoving it into a fire containment bag. In Denver, two months later, a carry-on bag with four vaping batteries “caught fire on the boarding bridge,” and firefighters were called […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Vape pen charger explosion causes thousands of dollars worth of damage to California woman’s home

FRESNO, Calif. — When Kathryn Lemm of Kerman, California came home Monday afternoon she noticed something was off. “There was a weird smell, a strange smell, almost like a smokey smell, but not like campfire smoke,” she said. She called 911 as she investigated. “It got stronger and I kept walking back and I’m thinking, […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Golf pro left with third degree burns after vaping pen exploded in his pocket – also writing off his car

A pro golfer was left with third degree burns after his vape exploded while he was driving – also writing off his car. Will Hawksworth was engulfed in flames when the brand new batteries on his vape pen blew up in his pocket and set fire to his clothes. As he frantically searched for somewhere […]

Vape E-Cigarette

The battery behind dangerous and deadly e-cigarette explosions

In May 2018, Wake D’Elia was at home using an electronic cigarette when the device’s battery malfunctioned and exploded, killing him instantly. He was 38. An investigation revealed that the battery was what’s called an 18650. The explosion caused the device to shoot “like a rocket into the cranial cavity and then [fall] to the […]

Vape E-Cigarette

The e-cigarette battery exploded in her pocket while she was driving with her toddler, lawsuit says

A Pierce County woman’s e-cigarette battery exploded in her pocket while she was driving in the South Hill area with her toddler, according to a lawsuit she’s filed. The fire happened April 10, 2017 after Stephanie Galdarisi, her 3-year-old daughter and a friend had stopped for ice cream. Galdarisi’s lawsuit names various companies she alleges […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Man said vape pen exploded ‘like a rocket,’ left him with severe leg burns

A man in England learned the importance of researching the safety of vape pens and kits the hard way after his exploded “like a rocket,” leaving him with severe burns on his leg. Charlton said he heard fizzing in his pocket, and then his pants were on fire. (SWNS) David Charlton, 52, said he began vaping about eight years ago, […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Cleveland man files lawsuit after vaping device explodes, causes volleyball-size wound

CLEVELAND– A Cleveland man suffered severe second and third-degree burns after a battery for his vaping device exploded. Nader Harb had the extra battery in his pants pocket at the time, according to a lawsuit filed in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court recently. He was just starting his day at work as a butcher and […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Vape pen explodes, shattering teen’s jaw amid rising concerns over batteries

A 2017 U.S. report said it’s clear that lithium-ion batteries are not “a safe source of energy” for vaping pens. Austin Adams, 17, was trying to quit smoking. So he turned to electronic cigarettes in an attempt to ease his addiction to tobacco. He found the one he wanted — a device from a company called VGOD […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Man suffers second degree burns after vape pen battery explodes

YORK COUNTY — Injuries related to vape pen explosions are on the rise across the country. In York County, one man says he suffered second degree burns after a battery from an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket. “All of the sudden it flew out of my pocket up into the air,” said Austin Wright.  “It […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Vape pen explodes in West Warwick woman’s purse

WEST WARWICK, R.I. (WJAR) — A West Warwick woman’s vape pen exploded inside of her purse, causing it to catch fire. It happened Tuesday outside of Stateside Auto on Washington Street around 2:45 p.m. The owner of Stateside Auto, Raymond Tarbox, said a family had brought their car in for repairs. He said he was speaking […]

Vape E-Cigarette

14-year-old girl burned after mother’s vape pen batteries explode in purse

STATESVILLE, N.C. – A 14-year old Iredell County girl is recovering after her mother’s purse exploded this weekend, leaving her with second-degree burns. Members of her family said it happened when her mother’s vape pen batteries caught fire in her purse. Mandy Pharr told Channel 9 they had just gotten to an intersection east of Statesville when they […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Woman hurt after vape pen battery explodes at Jackson Dairy Queen

JACKSON, Wis. (CBS 58) — A Dairy Queen worker’s hair is said to have caught fire when the battery in her vape pen exploded inside her purse.  It happened around 8:45 Tuesday morning at the Dairy Queen in Jackson while the woman was on her break.  The restaurant owner says the woman’s hair was on […]

Vape E-Cigarette

E-cigarette explosion seriously injures Sonoma County man

SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) — A Sonoma County construction worker suffered third-degree burns on his leg after his e-cigarette’s spare battery exploded in his pocket last month. Jason Clar, 42, doesn’t know when he’ll be able to return to work or to ride his motorcycle again. He has had two skin graft surgeries and is […]

Vape E-Cigarette

E-cigarette battery explodes at McCarran Airport, causing brief fright for travelers

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Some travelers at McCarran International Airport had a brief fright on Monday afternoon when a vape pen battery ignited. At around 1:15 p.m., a loud bang was heard at the airport, sending several people fleeing towards the emergency exit. The order was quickly restored and it was discovered that the exploding battery […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Lawsuit: Cordova man’s cheek torn away in e-cigarette explosion

CORDOVA, TN (WMC) – A Cordova man is suing an e-cigarette company after the vape pen he was using exploded in his face. In a lawsuit, 25-year-old David Bishop says he was using the e-cigarette before work last year when the battery exploded causing damage to his body and home. Bishop suffered severe burns from […]

Vape E-Cigarette

Leeds man issues warning after vape battery exploded in his pocket and set leg on fire

A former smoker has issued a warning after he was left with third degree burns when his vape battery EXPLODED in his pocket – and set his leg on fire. Bob Allsopp, 52, was walking his dog Teddy when he heard a hiss coming from his right jean pocket – seconds before his right leg […]

Theme by Anders Norén