Batt, Portable, Laptop, Phone

Battery fires: The potential danger hiding in your kitchen junk drawer

The aftermath of a fire started by overheated batteries in a drawer are shown in Charlottetown in this recent handout photo. .
The aftermath of a fire started by overheated batteries in a drawer are shown in Charlottetown in this recent handout photo. . THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO – Damien Morris

After putting up Christmas decorations this year, Damien Morris had some extra batteries left over and did what many people do – tossed them in a drawer for future use.

The loose batteries sparked a fire that could have destroyed his Charlottetown, P.E.I., home.

Morris said he had no idea batteries could pose such a danger, and he is sharing his story to warn others – with experts saying such fires are more common than most Canadians realize.

Source: The Canadian Press

Comments are Closed

Theme by Anders Norén