Batt, Portable, Laptop, Phone

Laptop battery causes fire that destroys Londonderry home

LONDONDERRY, N.H. —

A Londonderry family is looking for a new home after their house was destroyed by fire caused by an overheated laptop battery.

Fire crews responded to 1 Gregg Circle just before 10:30 a.m. Saturday.

The first firefighters to arrive reported heavy fire and a second alarm was struck, bringing in mutual aid crews from Derry, Windham, Hudson, Auburn, Litchfield, Bedford, Nashua, Salem, Hooksett, Atkinson and Merrimack.

The fire was in an area of town without any fire hydrants so fire crews relied on the six tankers brought in by mutual aid crews.

The fire was knocked down by about 11:30 a.m. when crews began overhaul operations to put out hot spots and search for the cause. Fire officials said the house is a total loss but everyone inside made it out safely.

This is a developing story. WMUR has a crew at the scene and more information will be reported as it becomes available.

Source: WMUR Manchester

Comments are Closed

Theme by Anders Norén