Batt, Portable, Laptop, Phone

Exploding battery pack leads to Derby house fire

DERBY, Kan. (KWCH) Derby fire officials identify the explosion of a laptop’s battery pack as the cause of a house fire Wednesday night.

Firefighters were called to the home where they found fire coming from a desk.

Crews were able to put it out and discovered the cause.

The fire caused $50,000 damage to the home and extensive smoke damage.

Two children and a nanny were home at the time. No one was hurt.

The fire department says they’ve had calls where battery packs have blown up before. Usually, it’s a charger for a power tool or other electronics. They say the laptop was more than 10 years old.

Source: KWCH 12 Kansas

Comments are Closed

Theme by Anders Norén